Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Civil Wedding

Our Civil Wedding was Friday November 27th, 2009 at Town Lake in Downtown Austin.
With our parents, Anthony, two friends, Judge Pablo Avila, and Snoopy present, we said our
I DO's
at 10am. In the backdrop was Lady Bird lake with the Austin Skyline. In front of us, we could see runners, bikers, and walkers taking their daily stroll. While some people were fighting for bargains on Black Friday all around the US and others were recovering from the thanksgiving comma, we were committing ourselves to each other "till death do us part."
Everything was SIMPLY PERFECT!



Peter Flores and Valeria Rodriguez are now legally HUSBAND AND WIFE!
Peter was the first to say his vows, and made me forget everything I had planned to say! Still now, a couple days later, I hear his words and still cry just like I did Friday morning. I think I will always cry when I hear those words played again. I had never thought about how my wedding would be but I don't think I could have asked for anything more than being in front of a man who loved me with all his heart and who promised to be there, grow with me, and share his life with me and I want with him. Very few times in life do we come across real reciprocated love.

The reason most girls cry when they watch chick-flicks and all those "happily ever after" movies is because of the fear we have deep down inside each of us that all that happiness and love might not exist in real life, it might just belong to the world of fairy tales and Disney. And though i'm living in my own fairy tale come to life, I still can't believe it's real. Everyday I wonder if i'll wake up and find that this was all a dream. With every kiss, with every joke, with every hug, with every story, with every walk we take together, he reminds me that this isn't a dream...This is our life, together.
This isn't a "happily every after",
this is a "Once upon a time..."
This is just the beginning...





After the wedding, Woode Wood, a musician that sings on the running trail sang to us, the song: YOU. It was beautiful. People were running by with their dogs and strollers, while My dad, my mom, Pete, Veronica, Anthony, Peter and I sat and listened...






After our song, we went on a 3 hour River Cruise where we popped Champagne bottles and snacked on cheese, crackers, peanuts, grapes, and strawberries as we sailed slowly down the lake. Peter and I were captain and Co-captain...lol
As wedding gift, Peter's parents got us a honeymoon suit in Downtown. We met up for dinner with out Wedding Party at Fogo De Chao, and then went to celebrate on 6th Street with some of our Austin Friends.

What a DAY!

Plane tickets:(Luis, Beatriz,Snoopy, Pedro, Veronica, and Anthony) $$$$$$
River Cruise Reception: $250
Randall's Bouquet: $12
Judge: $100
Musician: $5
Dress: $0
Hair/Make-up: $0
Photographer: $0
Officially starting our lives together...PRICELESS!!

4 comments:

  1. I love you, too!

    Hey, the second video is also of the ceremony. Change the link to the other video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was beautiful! Valeria, you are quite a writer - you made me feel like I was there. Congratulations once again and I wish you every happiness in life. Time is fleeting so enjoy every moment!
    Love, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SOOOOOOOOOO Happy you guys posted this.. i got a little emotional.. Vale you look BEAUTIFUL! Peter i'm so proud of you <3
    TONS OF LOVE!!!!! ALWAYS! I cant wait to celebrate with you guys!
    Simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually i offered to play "you" to you for free, and y'all tipped me. that was my wedding present. and it was my pleasure. keep spreading the love.....

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.