Wednesday, December 2, 2009

and then there were none....

Today, with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, I drove away from the airport. It will be a couple weeks before I see my family again.
The last couple days have been non-stop trips to and from the airport. Now I'm starting to feel for those poor men and women who drive the shuttles for a living. The arrivals were a little less complicated than the departures. The departure schedule started Sunday night with Anthony, the first guest who left. Monday morning, Peter's parents left (they rented a car so I didn't take them to the airport.) Tuesday morning, my dad and snoopy headed home. And today, my mom took flight as well.

Knowing that they are coming back in a couple weeks, I didn't think I would get as emotional as I did. In part I guess it was because I didn't take advantage of ALL the time that we shared together, allowing myself to get worked up over petty things that don't matter instead of enjoying each moment. I know they will be back with Snoopy and hopefully Manuela in a couple weeks when the baby comes, but till then, our distance relationship will have to suffice.

I walked in a couple minutes ago to the apartment. For a second, I could hear the sink running and could almost hear my mom asking me if I wanted a little snack or something to drink.
I'm so happy that my parents came to visit and I loved having snoopy here! For a couple days, my parents and peter's got to feel like they lived in a college dorm.

Now it's just me and Peter...and the baby.
Now we have to work on finding a name for our boy, washing the baby clothes, packing our Hospital Bag, and finish mentally, emotionally, and physically preparing ourselves for the new addition that is coming sooner than we think!

These next 6 weeks are going to fly by, if we don't pay attention, we'll be caught off guard, and unprepared!

Mommy, Daddy, and Snoopy,
Gracias por venir a visitarnos. Me alegro que pudimos celebrar juntos el dia del Pavo y la boda civil. Gracias tambien por estar aqui y simplemente compartir estos dias con Peter, el bebe, y yo. Aunque solo han sido horas, ya me hacen falta! Espero que vuelvan pronto! Nos vamos a preparar encaso de que venga el bebe antes de enero.....
Un Beso,
Valeria Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.