Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mommys Day OUT & Ronald McDonald House

Mommys Day Out:
A friend from my Bradley class, Lindsey, signed us up for a Free pregnant women massage held at a Massage School: http://www.texashealingarts.com/She picked me up and we hesitantly walked into our appointments as we wished each other luck.

It was awesome. I had two women working on me. At first I wasn't quite sure how the massage was going to work, given that I can't lay on my back comfortable and laying on my stomach is out of the question. When I got to the massage room i realized that pregnant people massages are done on your side...then you flip and do the other. These women massaged me from head to toe in 1hour, though i had lost sense of time and had no idea how long it was.

From the smells of intense to the comfy pillows, the entire experience was incredible. I can see why they recommend it for all people but especially pregnant women. The baby however didn't stop moving throughout the massage...jealous I think.

My friend's massage didn't go as well and mine did. Perhaps her masseuses were a little nervous, who knows. We then claimed Tuesday as Mommy Fun-Day. We went to Babies r Us, Michael's, Lunch, and Costco. Throughout the day we talked about the things we are excited and nervous about. We ended up making a list of things we want to do before our babies come...we'll see how much of that list we get accomplished. Our due dates are 1 day apart. Hers is the 6th of January. She is also having an boy (without a name yet, hehehe).

Mommy's day out was a lot of fun. It was nice to hang out with someone who walked as slow and I did, had to pause when telling a story due to a crazy kungfu kick, wanted to eat everything in site and couldn't, and had a lot of the same questions about all the unknowns that life has in store for us.

Ronald McDonald House:
After my Mommy Outing, I met up with Peter and some of his National Instrusments co-workers to go to the Ronald McDonald House. We all prepared meatloaf balls, mashed potatoes, green beans, and salad for the families. For dessert we cut up some apples and placed caramel on the side for dipping. There were a number of us so Peter and I techically only cut carrots, but the experience was a lot of fun. I wish we could have stayed to talk to the families or the children but the few people that were trickling in were too shy to approach the kitchen since we were still there so we gathered our things and left so they could eat their dinner warm.


Prepare and serve a home-cooked meal
Many individuals and corporate groups donate their time to make meals for families at our Ronald McDonald Houses. When families return from a long day at the hospital with their sick child, a home-cooked meal is often just what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.