Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The baby's finishing touches are being put in place at this moment...so we mustn't rush the artist!

I went to the doctor this morning with Peter and Manuela. Everything is going great. My blood pressure,my weight (166 lbs) babies heart rate, and my belly size. I met with Lisa again. She was the only one available for an appointment this week. We talked about the possible action plan if the baby does not come by the predicted due date. She said it's completely normal and healthy for the baby to stay in a little extra time. The reason I say this, is because there are many people out there including myself, who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of this baby boy into our lives...and this waiting game has us on our toes. I asked her if there was anything i could do to help the process along, and she just told me....HE WILL COME WHEN HE'S READY. This baby is already teaching me lessons on life. Me, the most impatient person in the world is being told to sit and WAIT until he decides it is HIS TIME!

I read an article in a Lamaze magazine titled: The waiting Game, when it comes to choosing a birthday, baby knows best.
"Patience is truely a virtue after 9 long months, especially when you're a few weeks or days from your due date. The swollen feet, extra pounds and late-night bathroom trips can take their tolls. Wouldn't it be easier to schedule your baby'sbirth and get the show on the road?"
It does make you wonder. If we spend our lives making agendas and planning things, why not this too. However, this isn't just something else that goes on a to-do list or an agenda. This is a process! A process that in itself is a miracle, it's crazy, it's amazing, and nerve-wrecking. Sorry for the analogy, but it's like the week before a big race. It feels like the weekend is NEVER GONNA ARRIVE. You run the race a million times in your head with all these different outcomes each time. You know that it's going to hurt, that your going to be exhausted, and that it's going to take everything out of you and you don't even know how the results will end-up, you just hope that you will win it and PR (set a personal record). My nerves would always get to me, especially as race time neared...leading me to run to the bathroom and sometimes even throw up. Yet as soon as the gun went off for the start of the race, everything vanished. It was go time and there was only one thing on my mind, get to the FINISH!
I must be patient these last couple days so that when it's go time...I'll be ready to race! I know it's going to be painful, long, hard, intense, and worth every second of it. Coach Montalvo would always say...i want to see you cross the finish line and collapse because you left every once of energy out on the course...And don't worry, I'll be there to catch you...if not, I'll know that you didn't give it your all. I want to give my all for this labor...and I know that Peter, my sister, and my family will be there to catch me once I cross the finish. Best part of it all...I get to take home the coolest trophy ever....a strong, happy, healthy, beautiful (handsome), smart, charming baby BOY!


2 comments:

  1. It's a very exciting time for us! Luckily we have Christmas and New Years to keep us distracted, because it is hard not to feel like we are just sitting, waiting.

    We're just continuing normal life with a couple parties booked this weekend. When he comes we will be ready, and a little surprised...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it from one who knows, personally and professionally - They come when they are good and ready. Both of mine were >2wks late but in todays world that will not happen, unless of course, your dates are off. I anxiously await this much anticipated arrival as well. Who is your photographer for this happy event, especially with your new great camera?

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.