Friday, December 4, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!!!!

You know that feeling, when you wake up on days that something is going to happen...you are in a daze for a couple seconds until you remember why you were so excited to be up in the first place?

That happened to me this morning...yesterday the weather forecasters here in Austin were predicting SNOW for today. Though may people told me not to get excited about it, cause it probably wouldn't happen, being me...I DID ANYWAY! When I woke up this morning, I kept my eyes shut for a little as I lay warm and comfy not wanting to move...UNTIL...I remembered that it might be snowing outside. I ran out to the living room porch with my heart racing, I quickly pulled the curtains open and stood outside. My excitement quickly died down when I was met with a freezing cold morning breeze, but no snow...ohh well.

Peter and I went to see Dr. Eng this morning. I weighed in at a whopping 160 lbs. The baby's heart rate was good (130 bpm) and my stomach measured 35cm (continuing to match my week of pregnancy). I told her about my upsetting visit with Dr. Winn 2 weeks ago. She didn't seem to care about my response to the experience with Dr. Winn. To my dismay, she proceeded to ask me if I was interested in an induction or a C-section. Peter answered cause I was sitting there in mute shock. He told her that we have been interested from the beginning (LIKE WE CLEARLY TOLD HER) in having a natural birth. She then did an exam to check my cervix dilation, then quickly used the sonogram machine to check the position of the baby--head down; which is good! Without further hold up, we walked out and scheduled our next appointment...for Friday (one week from today). Hopefully our visit with Dr. Sebestyen early next week goes well so that today could be the last visit with Dr. Eng and Winn!!!

The weather didn't allow me to be upset over the appointment too long...As we walked out to the car I SAW SNOW!!! Just a couple sporadic flurries but enough to have me starring intently at the car for the next 10 minutes just to see 2 more miniature flurries.

I dropped Peter off at work and ran some errands. When I got home, it was a completely different story! From my living room I could see SNOW FLURRIES coming down...A LOT OF THEM. I stood by the pool area of our complex freezing but super excited that I had snow falling on my nose and eyelashes. It was everywhere! I just kept calling people on my phone so I could share the excitement with them.
Sadly, it only lasted about a half hour...and then went away...

I must say that even this short tease of a snow storm was worth all the hype! I've always dreamed of a white Christmas...chances are I won't see it here, but I'll be satisfied with these flurries if they keep coming throughout December!

Hope you have a great, warm day...
as for Peter and I, we'll be really cold. Especially Peter who will be running a 5k tonight at 6pm!

5 comments:

  1. Valeria. It is not too late to find a doctor who would most represents your views on child birth. You have established them by now. You might not have know to ask and challenge the same way you can now in the beginning of your pregnancy. Don't settle. Be clear about what you want as an experience. You are in Austin. You can find a like mind. Go 90 miles an hours in search of the right birth doctor. Just saying, it make so much of a difference.
    Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree with the above statement.. you still have time, to find a doctor that will be empathetic and try and also give you what you want. There are also birthing centers that you could look into that are pretty interesting, they cater a lot towards women who want to have natural births, its strangely uncommon to have natural childbirth, good decision! that's what i want to do too :) but seriously find a doctor that will listen to you thats what is most important! good luck and that's super cool about the snow flurries.. it was supposed to snow here too... but no luck its 42 degrees outside ... it needs to drop at least 10 degrees :\ , seems unlikely, but we'll see. Well I should get to studying. Anatomy is kicking my ass!!!!
    MUAH!
    MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your support and encouragement. Peter and I are very excited about our appointment with Dr. Sebestyen. We have gotten some really good feedback from people we know. We are excited to see how our appointment goes...stay tuned =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valeria,
    Craig and I moved back to the states from England while I was 7 months pregnant with our first daughter. It was a challenge to find a doctor in DC who was like minded about the birthing experience we wanted...I left my share of doctor's appointments in tears while I searched.
    I learned to ask better questions in an effort to tailor the relationship. There is a doctor out there who will be supportive of your needs.

    Don't give up. I found a doc who caught my babies as they entered the world without drugs and intervention... but who had my permission to switch gears if they were in trouble.

    Good luck with your appointment with Dr. Sebestyen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It went great! The whole experience was so awesome it made me want to start this process all over with them =) haha, just kidding (NOT FOR A WHILE)

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.