Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 39

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Peter, Manuela, the baby and I had a very special Christmas. On noche buena we played some games at a friend of Peter's house and we opened one gift each that night. Christmas morning we woke up to many surprises under the tree and a super YUMMY breakfast! We even had a chance to ride a real Texas truck to Christmas Mass!

Now a couple days later, I feel like i've traveled back in time to early April of this year when I was packing for my Peace Corps journey. At that point I didn't know what I was going to need for my trip. The uncertainty lead to procrastination....like now. I don't know what to pack or what I'll need for delivery or my hospital stay or for the baby's arrival. I prepared as best I could for my trip, reading blogs, looking up suggested packing lists, and asking other volunteers that were in the same position as I was in. In the last couple months, especially weeks, i've spent hours skimming through pregnancy magazines, looking through suggested hospital packing lists made by doctors, midwives, other mothers, and asking other friends, who are pregnant, what they are doing to prepare...all in hopes that I will be ready.
The other day Manuela asked me if I would go back to the Peace Corps. I told

A week from this Thursday is my DUE DATE!
Can you believe it?!?!
I don't know if the baby will come sooner or later than the predicted date...but i guess this waiting game is just part of the process. Yesterday I felt some cramps. I'm not sure what caused them or if they were signs of anything, but I felt something.

well...I'm off to live the last week of 2010 and see if there are any year end surprises!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.