Monday, October 18, 2010

IBM Uptown Classic 10k

IMB Uptown Classic 10k
Peter, Nico and I ran together (most of the race). The race was around the Domain and IBM campus. It was difficult getting out and around with the stroller the first mile...we were stuck behind walkers and really really slow joggers. I didn't think we had started that far back....but I guess I was WRONG! At mile 2.5 another stroller caught up to us. Peter then ran with him for a little (that's when I fell back) but I caught back up to them before mile 4. We ran the last 2 miles (as I tried calculating in my head what I time was going to be). Finally at the 6 mile marker we could see the finish line...It was such a beautiful sight!! As we were approaching the finish line, Peter grabbed my hand and lifted it...hahaha. So we crossed holding hands like we had just won...lol.Our time: 46:04 Nico behaved so well the whole race. He was looking around checking out the runners and the course, making his dino noises! All the fans LOVED him...especially at one of the water stops full of teenage girls...I REALLY THOUGHT THEY HAD JUST SEEN JUSTIN BEBER OR SOMETHING! They were yelping, shrieking, and "awwww"ing- very annoying, but understandable =).
I ended up getting third place in my age group 20-24...I got a $15 gift certificate to a SPA at the Domain and a MissZippy running shirt!!!
Ashish, ran a PR on Sunday at the Uptown Classic...33:34 for the 10k which earned him 11th place overall!!!! The race was stacked with fast runners from Mizuno, Gibert's Gazelles, and Rogue. He ended up in 4th place in his age group.

After the race we hung out, fed Nico his breakfast, and got massages!!!

Special shout out to Ashish's girlfriend, Kelly Simmons, ran a Marathon on Saturday in Baltimore in 3hours and 9 minutes!!!!! INCREDIBLE, she ran faster for 26.2 miles that Peter/Nico/I ran for 6.2 miles!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.