Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A bit ARTSY

I'm been itching to do some art for a while but I just haven't been able to find the time... and so this weekend I finally got around to it. I started painting some canvas totes that I had bought a couple weeks ago to send to my community in Panama, Santana del Macano. I think this could be a good project for the women in my community: Decorate the bags with fabric paint and sell them in Las Tablas. I am writing out (drawing out) some examples and ideas for them. I will be sending them soon and will see what they think of the project.


I also did some redecorating around the apartment and made NEW FAMILY WALL ART to put in our bedroom! I looked up how to say I LOVE YOU in different languages and then put them around the ironed-on images on the canvases (that I painted red). I am so excited with the NEW ARTWORK!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.