Friday, October 22, 2010

Amazing moments follow rough times.

There were times in middle school when I thought that if we lost one more basketball game, I would QUIT.
There were times when I was in High School that I thought that if I did one more Hill Repeat, I was going to collapse.
There were times in college when I thought that if I ran one more lap, my legs were going to fall off.
There were times in Santa Clara (Panama) when I thought that if I couldn't find a large pool of freezing water in the the next 5 seconds, I was going to jump infront of a diablo rojo (crazy buses-public transportation in Panama).
There were times when I was in Santana(Panama) when I thought that if had to plant one more seed, I was going to set Panama's countryside on Fire.
There were times (not so long ago) when I thought that if Nico stayed awake crying for one more minute, I would seriously consider putting him up for adoption.

However I made it through all those seemingly eternal "difficult" times because those moments were always followed by a close-score loss(haha), PRs, yummy cucumbers, a refreshing bucket-bath, and awesome laugh attacks that made it all worth it and made me feel I could go on!
A wise man(Montalvo) repeated often, take it one step at a time! And it worked, because none of those moments lasted forever.
Just beyond difficult situations lie amazing moments waiting to be discovered, if you are just patient enough to get through to them.

Our challenges are changing everyday, yet so are we. We are growing, adapting, and learning from every experience. We shouldn't forget all the steps that it took to get to where we are, all the little hurdles we overcame. By reflecting on those we realize that we are in fact, stronger than we think we are.

I hope you are having a great day!! Take time to pat yourself on the back today!!
You'd be surprised who is looking up to you right now....
I have a little man standing against the sofa, looking up at me, watching me type, with a huge smile on his face...=)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Valeria!

    Your Nico is getting so big! He's adorable. Thank you for adding me to your blogroll. Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.