Wednesday, October 27, 2010

3 questions, NO ANSWERSSSSSS!!

How am I supposed to find work, an apartment, and a Daycare/Nanny for Nico..... from Austin!!!
This is so frustrating. I wish that I at least new one of the three answers so that I could know where to start looking for the other 2.

I don't even know how i'm going to be able to leave Nico at a place or with someone. I've spent all day every day and night with him since he was born!

What questions do you ask a random stranger to see if they are TRUSTWORTHY, CAREFUL, MOTHERLY, and HONEST enough to entrust them with YOUR CHILD! It's not like your looking for someone to supervise your pet iguana or something...IT's MY BABY we're talking about here!!!!
How do you determine what daycare to take your child to? If the teachers will pay attention to your child if he is climbing up a table? If the times work out with your work schedule? If you make enough for daycare to be even worth paying for??If they will comfort him if he cries?? Who will comfort me when I cry??

I would like to live close to where i'll be working....but most importantly, I want to have Nico stay with someone at the house or at a daycare near my job.....BUT I DON'T HAVE A JOB!!!!
This is so frustrating and scary. I know a million moms work and leave their kids everyday...but right now, from where I see it, it's going to be the hardest thing in the world! I don't think that any career is worth missing out on Nico's LIFE or worth the risk of anything happening to him. He's my baby. In just a couple years he will want nothing to do with me. He'll have games to go to, friends to play with, school, and a HUGE list of THINGS THAT ARE COOLER THAN MOM. Right now, I'm the coolest thing in the world...funniest too! But I know I need to work because we need me to make $$$$, I just wish there was another way...I wish someone I knew would move with us to LA. It would make all the difference in the world!!! I'm terrible at trusting people....how am I going to figure out a way to trust someone in a city like LA!?!?!? I know we still have about 2 months before we get out there but just the thought of these decisions...brings me to tears.

Having to cancel 2 hour spanish classes because you don't have ANYONE that can put your child to sleep, having fights with your husband over who's not getting a break just because you can count on your hand the number of times you've gone out in the past 10 months, spending hundreds of dollars on flights just so that family can spend time with Nico and see him grow......Having YOUR OWN LITTLE family away from your family has to be one of the most difficult parts of being new parents.

The same way that many moms work, we know many couples raise their kids without the help of their families as well...We are not the only ones doing this on our own....many of our mommy friends here are also away from their families. Those who have family nearby...lucky you...enjoy them! For those that don't...I guess it will only make us stronger.

I hope that my 3 questions are answered sooner than later, before I develop an ulcer from the stress they're causing me.

And if you know of anyone who would be a good caretaker in LA, or is interested in moving to LA...PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!For Real!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it the hardest thing in the world!?!?!?!? I hate it to NO END.

    Can I please watch Nico for you one night after you get back from Miami? I'd love to watch him and play with him and TRY to make him laugh ;-) so you guys can get a date! I'd LOVE IT. And I would try not to make you cry. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you can!!!! we will talk when I get back to set the date...if the offer is still open!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.