Thursday, March 3, 2011

A foggy day in LA is SAD for some, Romantic for others.

You know those restaurants in Miami that put misters to make the summer's more bearable? Well LA has natural misters all around. Today it seems like al the ones in the Marina are ON! I think that days like this are gloomy and sad...they make me want to crawl into bed since the city seems to be trying to do the same.

I mentioned to my student this morning how gloomy the day was...and instead of agreeing, she said, "I think its romantic; where I come from (Saudia Arabia) we never have days like this...its always super sunny and bright...and hot- it's the dessert! I love this weather!!".

I try to wear rose-colored glasses but sometimes I leave them at home, or loose track of them...I'm glad she reminded me about the brighter side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.