Monday, March 21, 2011

Abuelita-Beatriz came to visit for 10 days!

This morning at 6am...Peter and I really missed my mom! For the past week and 1/2, whenever Nico woke up, Between 5:30-6:30am, my mom would take Nico, give him his bottle and play with him while we caught some extra ZZzzzz. However, this morning....Abuela wasn't here anymore =(.
From 1103 Abuelita vistit part 2
Usually when visitors come to town, we're super busy traveling all around the city/showing off our new town, but my mom didn't care to see much of LA. She'd rather hang out with Nico--especially since he was sick.
Instead---During the time that my mom was here, Peter and I got to do SO MUCH---TOGETHER. We went out to CLUBS in Hollywood and Venice, hung out with friends, went to the beach, played volleyball, got in the Jacuzzi at our place (FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE WE MOVED HERE!), went to watch the GATOR BASKETBALL vs UCLA game at Tony P's (a Gator bar here in the Marina!), got to SLEEP IN---and these are just the highlights. She also helped me organize Nico's stuff, went to do Laundry with me a couple hours before her flight to make sure that "I wouldn't have extra work this week".
THANK YOU MOMMY for giving us a little vacation on YOUR vacation here!-Gracias por darnos estas pequenas vacaciones durante tus vacaciones aqui! I guess that's what MOMS do, they always want to take care of their babies...even when their babies have their own babies, and society doesn't consider them babies anymore. Her visit was SO helpful...Gracias otra vez mommy, ya nos haces muchisima falta.

OHHHH---and did I mention that Abuelita bought NICO a BICYCLE!!!!!
From 1103 Abuelita vistit part 2
It's meant for 2-5 year olds...but guess who thinks he can ride it already?!?! YES, Nico Samuel Flores!!! He loves it, even though he can't even reach the pedals yet. But he already knows how to get on and off by himself and even manages to lean to one side and propel himself forward with one leg (hence he ends up going in circles...hahaha).
My mom got to see THE GROVE- and Mario Lopez in action, The Hollywood Stars/Chinese Theater, SUNSET Blvd, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, my office in BH, Griffith Park Observatory, The Promenade, The Santa Monica Pier, Mother's Beach Park, and got to HANG OUT WITH NICO ALL-DAY EVERYDAY for the entirety of her trip, which was her favorite part of the trip, BY FAR!

Here is the Slide show of my mom's visit:
Part 1 Pictures click here if you don't see the slide-show.


Part 2: Pictures Click Here if you don't see the slide show.


1 comment:

  1. HEY Valeria- great pictures:) I saw one of Nico walking but haven't found the video yet... Amelia and I liked the pictures of Nico checking out the flowers. He's loved doing that even as a small baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.