Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Playmate and running buddy leave!


On this blog, lots of you have read about the adventures that Nico's friend, Miles, and Mommy's friend, Laurel, have been on in the past couple months.

The time for their trip has come! They are moving to Malaysia next week. Since Nico and I are going to Miami, we said our good-byes yesterday over lunch....which was delicious by the way thanks to the homemade bread Sarah brought, and homemade pesto Laurel brought...and my yummy Bean/walnut/chicken salad.

Laurel and I met through another friend, AnneMarie who I met when I moved out to Austin last Septmeber. When I met up with AnneMarie, she told me about Laurel, who was also pregnant, and also a runner. Overwelmed with excitement, I met up with them at Town lake for a little jog. By then I was already 6 1/2 months pregnant and running was a lot more difficult....but I still tried running with them. Laurel was able to run for longer than me...but soon we could only walk/jog together and then eventually just walk..slowly..lol. We had more than our pregnancies and love for running in common....both our husbands worked at NI, and all 4 of us loved to travel! We were also in Bradley Classes (not the same class) and wanted to have our babies naturally, wanted to breastfeed, and wanted to get back into running soon!

This picture was at my babyshower here in Austin where Laurel and AnneMarie gave me an awesome massage certificate which I used the last week of my pregnancy.
Who would have thought that in our bellies we would have such good friends!
Though they were supposed to be 3 weeks apart, Nico came 1 week late and Miles came 1 week early, so they only ended up being 1 week apart. This was the first time they met out-side the belly. Though Nico looked a lot bigger at that point, Miles soon caught up and passed Nico!
We started going to Mommy Circles at Sarah's house...where Miles and Laurel got to meet the other mommies and babies that Nico and I knew from our Bradley Class.



We spent lots of time at Town Lake: walking at first, then getting in the pool (deep eddy), and lately running with the boys in the strollers!
We watched out little me grow from infants to little men and the weather slowly warmed up!
We also got to see them find their hands, feet and discover each other, interact, even "play" together.
Laurel and Miles:
It was so nice hanging out with you two in the past couple months...Thanks for joining us on this roller coaster ride we've been on....supportive on the not-so-good days and celebrating with us the great days and NIGHTS..hehehe. Laurel, you have been an inspiration and have helped me relax and try new things with Nico. You have also helped me tremendously on my road back to running. Knowing someone else who is going through the same struggles but continues to go out there at 5:45am...has helped me to STOP making excuses for myself.
We will be keeping up with you guys on Stelzer Family Blog . Have a great time on your Family Adventure! We will miss you!!!

Love, The Flores Family


2 comments:

  1. Dear Flores family,
    Thank you so much for all the love, support and fun you have shared with us in the last months of pregnancy and the first months of having a 3-person family. We are going to miss you like crazy. These little guys are going to grow up with quite the passports, I hope they love traveling together one day!
    Love,
    Laurel, Tim & Miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip! We will miss you guys and hope you have a great adventure.

    I met a couple guys in Asia operations yesterday and they knew and worked with Tim as he is preparing to head overseas. (Brian and Mike, I think. One of them lives in Singapore with NI)

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.