Monday, August 16, 2010

Kelly's Wedding

Kelly got married on Aug 7th, 2010 to Josh. Wedding was at St. Timothy and the beautiful reception was at Fairchild Tropical Gardens. Fr. Willie from Belen made the ceremony funny, solemn, special, and thought-provoking. In his homily, he spoke about LOVE being a CHOICE, not a feeling. He told Josh, though you don't believe it right now, one morning you are going to wake up and roll over in bed and say..."what have i gotten myself into?" and he told Kelly, one day Josh is gonna walk in from work and ask for dinner after you've had a long day and you're gonna say "Nooo, que embarque!". At those moments you have to remember that you made this choice, that you committed to each other. He said that somedays you won't FEEL like loving each other, and that's okay, as long as you stay true to your CHOICE!

We live in a --If it ain't broke, don't fix it but if it is broke, get a new one-- kind of society. I think this has really affected the divorce rate that we are seeing all around us. People aren't working on and maintaining their relationships...by the time they break-down...both partners are so far removed from the source of the problem that they just throw the towel in and are ready to move on. We need to be good janitors of our relationships!

It was so nice to be present and share with Kelly & Josh on their special day! I'm excited about all the future milestones we will be able to share together as we all keep GROWING UP!!!
Here are some pictures:

Mr. Right and Mrs. Always Right....hahahaha, love it!


Nico made an appearance at the cocktail party between the Wedding and the Reception where he met mommy and daddy's friends; some for the first time!





O-O-O-Olla-A!!

Not only is Aug.7th an important day for Kelly and Maverick, but for Peter and I as well. A year ago, I found out that Nico had been hanging out in my tummy for 18 weeks without my knowing. With all the crazy rush in Miami, I didn't have time to write about the day or reflect on it. That day I had so many emotions rushing through me, thoughts of confusion, anxiety, disbelief, and fear. Now, a year later, i'm still filled with disbelief but it's accompanied by awe, gratitude, and happiness.

I sometimes don't understand WHY things happen the way they do, but as time goes by...I realize that it's not my job to UNDERSTAND...all I have to do is live the changes and take the chances for growth and happiness that life is putting in my path.
I guess all I can say: Thank you God for picking me to be Nico's mommy and Peter's wife...I love my roles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.