Friday, August 20, 2010

1 year Engagement Anniversary!

A year ago Peter and I were in Vieques, Puerto Rico. We started the day with a nice breakfast at our hotel and went to a little beach (next to the one that I went to with the Lourdes XC team when I was in High School, where we tried to do our calendar...hahhaha--you girls know what i'm taking about...)
From Puerto Rico
We rented snorkeling gear and swam to an island near the beach.
Tho whole time I was swimming, I was nervous that Nico was gonna slip out if I kicked too fast...haha. Ironic huh, cause for 18 weeks in Panama I ran, went horse-back riding, planted rice and cucumbers bent over all day, cleared hectares with my machete, carried super heavy tree trunks and bags, and took malaria medications--and nothing happened to Nico, but the second I found out I was pregnant, I had was all of a sudden nervous to do EVERYTHING!
After some lunch at a little restaurant across the street from the beach, we took a taxi to another beach...the jerk charged us like $40 dollars to get there....and it was only like an 8 minute drive-ridiculous! But the beach was beautiful!!!

In the evening, Peter and I went horse-back riding...again something that I had been doing in Panama everyday on MY OWN HORSE-Caramelo and didn't think twice about jumping on bareback....but here I was now at a super SLOW WALK because I was nervous that the jumping up and down was gonna HURT NICO!
But on that ride, as the sun was setting on the ocean diagonally behind me, the salty breeze blowing in my face, Peter's and my horse splashing as they went into the water a little ....PETER ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM! And I said YESSS
Totally unexpected...but totally perfect! Now that I look at the picture, I realize that it looked a little cloudy...hahaha, i didn't even notice.
The next day we left Vieques and went to visit Leilani in Ponce before heading back home to Miami. I loved the surprise trip....If you are wondering why the ring in on my right hand in this picture, it's because neither Peter nor I knew what hand the engagement ring was supposed to go on....haha, so I just put in ont he hand that FIT...=)

By the way, this was me 4 1/2 months pregnant. I weighed 10 lbs less than I do now...7 months post-NICO!!!!!! But no worries...i'm workin on it!
Recordar es Vivir! I love this quote, it says: To remember is to Live! Just thinking back on last year takes me back to conversations, emotions, and so much more...I can almost feel the sand under my feet...
I think its nice to be able to let you memories take you to those places and times that were special for whatever reason and allow those memories to reenergize your life.

Once Wedding plans are official we will let you know...No worries though, it will be before Nico goes to College, we promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.