Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blogs--SAHM's best friend

Now I know why so many stay at home moms (SAHM, yes this is an official term) have blogs. In the last couple days I've been reading all these blogs and was a little sad, cause I thought I was special...lol. But here's why we need to have these blogs: TO FEEL AS IF WE ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE. Yes we have family, friends, our husband, and our baby to talk to but....sometimes we just want to say things and don't quite know who to tell...or if anyone cares....With a blog, PROBLEM SOLVED. If someone cares, they will read it and if they don't, then they just don't read it. The important thing is that you already got it off your chest and "told SOMEONE".
I guess as a mom, these blogs become our best friend, the one we go to with our joys and sorrows, accomplishments and failures, knowing that it will always be here to listen to what we need to say without judging. This blog and by old one have been able to help me capture my thoughts and emotions throughout the last year and 1/2....and I really have loved the experience.

Anyway, here are some UPDATES ON MY RUNNING:
Yesterday I ran 10 miles with Nico in the stroller! That's right, I said I ran 10 miles pushing a 20lb baby in an 10lbs stroller!!! I felt great, almost like my old running self...but when i finished, I didn't really have anyone to talk to about with...SO I'LL TELL YOU =) BFF..lol
I ran on a road that was really hilly but had great flat new asphalt with no bumps making it a super SMOOTH ride for Nico, water stations every mile, shady, and lined with pretty houses that made for nice scenery. I was going a good pace and Nico behaved the whole time! I could not have asked for a better morning. I was planning on running 8 and I went for 10! A new record for me now (post-Nico). I was thinking about the San Antonio Half in November...now it doesn't seem as bad as it did a couple weeks ago. I'm looking forward to seeing how in-shape I can get by November 14th.

This morning I went on a 19 mile bike ride with some runner friends and then ran about 3 or 4 miles with Peter and Nico. I do even remember the last time I was on a bike! For sure it's more than a year and a half. But just as the saying goes "...it's just like riding a bike." I remembered how to ride, only problem is, I didn't remember how to use the gears, so I just didn't shift gears that much on the ride. The road we rode on went out west from our apartment on a very hilly road into basically nothingness---cows, farms, deer, and a WHOLE LOT OF BIKERS! Peter and Nico were at a nearby park, Brushy Creek Lake Park. When I got there, they were just getting started, so I jumped off my bike and joined them. At first it was SLOW! To think that I used to jump off my bike for tri's without thinking twice about my legs weighing me down for the run. I tried really hard to get into a normal running rhythm so that I wouldn't sound/look SO TIRED. Yummy breakfast followed.
But then we we got home, exhausted...Mommy had to clean the apartment while Nico and Daddy got to rest and hang out on the Hammock by the pool. This of course put a damper on my mood. Doing all the dishes from last night's dinner (with guests) plus Nico's stuff left my hand as smooth as a baby's bottom....NOT, they feel like sandpaper right now!
Now that I got a couple minutes to relax, I opted to write this entry instead of talking myself into getting REALLY UPSET. And I must say it's been therapeutic, cause even though my hands are so rough, I feel that my boiling blood has started to cool. I'm gonna try and take a nap--if Nico and Peter allow.

---NOPE..time for mommy to make lunch...

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you talk about self-therapy....I would be glad to give you some more advice in a couple weeks once i get started with classes!!! I love you and your beautiful family...can't wait to have my own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I feel your pain except I don't have a baby that I can see smile if I talk to her...so I just don't really talk. Also, I can't really run anymore and walking in the heat is not such a good idea anymore.
    I'm so excited about your 10 mile run. I wish I lived close to you so we could hang out/ run/ walk/ anything. Oh! I can't work the gears on a bike either. I just leave it on the same one the whole ride. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogs are also for our friends and family all over the world (posted from Penang, Malaysia :)

    Great job on the running/cycling - I am on a hiatus since the foot injury & move, but I'm planning to get back at it Sept 1. A whole month off!!

    And every mom around the world sympathizes with your dishes/cooking woes. Hang in there and cut yourself some slack. Try to do the dishes instead of watching TV or putting on makeup - not instead of hammocking with the boys! You won't miss the others as much.

    We miss you both, I carry the bag you gave me everywhere. Plastic bags are banned in stores, so it was the perfect send off!!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.