Sunday, April 1, 2012

Saying good-bye--AGAIN

By now, I should be really good at packing and good-byes. In the past 3 years I've moved (with the intent of living) a couple times--From Panama to Austin to LA and now heading back to MIAMI---and TEARFULLY said good-bye to those special people i've met along the way that have MADE MY LIFE the incredible journey/adventure it's been.

A couple weeks ago, a friend's friend, Peyton Nealis, wrote a great post on her blog about loss and re-finding happiness.
She wrote: Only on the darkest of nights can you truly see the stars.

She wrote it in regards to loosing her father. I can't imagine the pain she must have felt and continues to feel. I too am on this journey of dealing with Loss. Fortunately it's not a death of a loved one but a different kind of loss...There are holes that we will never be able to fill but I like what Peyton's cousin said "..we have to plant flowers around the hole." I only hope to feel as she does now:
" so thankful to God for my prayers being answered. Emotions are back. I am feeling again and it is SO strange. It's almost like I am a child feeling everything for the first time, because every emotion is so different than it ever was, which almost makes them stronger. I am feeling TRUE happines, in my gut happiness!"
I know there are things in life that we can't foresee and never expect nor can prepare for...we can only adjust and hope that our resilience will  allow us to RECOVER and ADJUST to the changes that are continually taking place. So as we make this next move... I'll keep expecting the unexpected from this life and put my future in God's hands--hoping that one day He'll let me know why he needed me to experience some of these things--and perhaps learn what I needed to LEARN.


On this darkest of nights..I can see some beautiful stars! One of those stars is my son! The main character in my children's book and the brightest star in my life that is a constant reminder to try and be better EVERYDAY!

As we say good-bye to LA, all our new friends, and we close this chapter of our lives...I'm also celebrating the release of my Book! Sometimes dreams do come true when you have the power to believe in them and the patience to see them through. This book has been a been of light and a ray of hope in the midst of a  difficult time. It has be a tangible reminder that God is checking in on me.

I will enjoy the release of this book surround by friends who have become like family....and then we'll board our FLIGHT a couple hours later. 
Destination: A (unknown) BRIGHTER FUTURE
THANK YOU LA for being such a special HOME for the past 15months, for sharing with us all the beautiful hidden gems scattered all around the amazing city...and for allowing me the chance to meet some AMAZING Friends that have been so undeniably supportive, encouraging, and inspiring! You guys will always have a special place in our heart!


Here are some pictures from our Last Days in LA!


CLOUD RACERS!!!!

HALL DANCE PARTY!










On your mark...get set...gooooooo!!!!



















Helping us moveeeeeee



1 comment:

  1. My heart breaks for you, but also grows for you.

    You are one of those unique people who brighten the life of everyone who is fortunate enough to meet you.

    I am sad for your friends in L.A., but oh so happy for all the people you'll meet in Miami.

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.