Friday, January 22, 2010

NICO: Victory of the People

Nico is a week old today!
I can't believe it! So much has happened this week. Everyday has been a learning experience. All three of us are slowly getting stronger and more comfortable with everything.

Peter and I are in love with Nico, he is in love with my milk. He is finally climbing back up to his birth weight. In the first couple days he lost 11% of his body weight. In the past 3 days he has gained 9 oz....he's gonna be a chunkster.

Peter's perspective of the Labor was awesome to read, especially since I felt like I was in a completely different world in which I would zone everyone out every now and then only to zone back in to see that I was still in labor and that Peter was still at my side...doing everything he could think of to help soothe me. Reading through his notes I realized that I remembered some of the same things but a little differently.

I have been working on my "birth-day" post but haven't quite had the chance to finish yet. It will be up before Nico's next birthday!!! I promise.

On a side note, Here is the meaning of NICO's name:

Origin of the name Nico:

Short form of Nikodemos, a Greek compound name composed of the elements nikē (victory) and dēmos (people, population): hence, "victory of the people."

(http://www.babynamewizard.com/namipedia/boy/nico)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.