Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good Morning!!!!

Finally it's morning. It seemed ages ago when I was first woken up by not so nice contractions. I told myself to relax and wait til morning...a feat that became increasingly more difficult as the seconds seemed to be crawling by. A million things crossed my mind as the contractions started. I wondered if they were painful because there might be something wrong. But I was glad to feel the baby moving ALOT between the contractions. I managed to catch some ZZZzzz in between contractions only to be awakend, startled, confused, and in pain shortly after.

Peter woke up what seemed to me like days after the contractions began (3am) and started comforting me and timing some of the contractions. We both new we needed to get rest so we tried to sleep as much as we could.

Come 6am I was ready to get up and get going. The contractions feel a lot less intense when i'm standing or moving than when I was in bed. My palms are getting sweaty and breathing is becoming a lot more difficult with each new contraction. It's gonna be a painful day...but I'm excited...the BIG RACE has finally arrived.
Peter made me a yummy breakfast and we are going to walk around a little, and then call our doctor, see what she says...

Forecast says there's 80% chance of storms this afternoon....I say there's 99% chance of a baby.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I will keep you all in my prayers today! Can't wait to get updates!!

    xxClaire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Valeria and Peter. Your wee one has arrived. Praying that mom and babe are well.
    xxmb

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.