Sunday, November 20, 2011

Catch-up post part2-November

November came and (almost) went with out me getting a chance to take it all in!
I'll divide this post in sections:
Important Dates
Progress/Updates

First I'll start with IMPORTANT DATES this month:
Abuelita's Birthday was on the 2nd. So was mommy's friend-Galey's Birthday.

Daylight savings! What used to be my favorite holiday!

Tia Manuela Celebrated her 24th Birthday on the 14th with a very creative VIP style BASH in Miami's Latest hottest CLUB---BYOB with a red carpet entrance fit for the best sister!!

Nico Celebrated his 22month Birthday. Yes folks that means that this little man is 2 months from being in his TERRIBLE TWOS...lol. Just kidding....well I hope, for my sake. You can see more about his stats and such on his 22month Update.

In the Progress/Updates section:
I have three topics to report on:
1. MARATHON TRAINING:
 Training has been difficult to get into a routine but I've been out there pounding the payment and trying to get in as many miles as I can. Race day is creeping up on me and I do want to be ready. My longest run till now has been 11 miles which I know is about 6 miles too short for this time in my training....but I've done 89% have been done with Nico in the stroller; So maybe I can add a couple miles to total milage and subtract some seconds from the average pace!
Recent events-> the time-change and  sicknesses running around have gotten in the way. But NO EXCUSES...I know. I'm ramping up the training...come race-day, I'll be ready!!!!
2. Children's Book: I am proud to report that the manuscript, images, and what-nots were sent to the submission coordinator at Xlibris, Cherry. Tomorrow I should be hearing from Patrick, my assigned Design Consultant who will be contacting me to go over details for my books initial designs and layouts!!!! THE BOOK IS NOW IN THE DESIGN PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT!!! All very exciting!!! We'll see what the coming weeks bring!

3. Working Momma:As you know I've been hard at work applying for jobs EVERYWHERE...and ALL KINDS of jobs...and have been TURNED AWAY, shut down, told : "No Thanks", "Not Hiring", "We're going in a different direction", "We're looking for someone with more experience", "We'll contact you",or SIMPLY...NOTHING...
BUT this past friday was different! I had an interview at a Opthamologist's Office. How I got the interview in the first place is a great story of FATE...I think. I went to my regular primary care doctor and asked to see an eye doctor cause my vision was blurring after a couple hours of drawing. She recommended a doctor she really likes that happend to be not too out of the way. So I made an appointment for later in the week. While getting my eyes checkout by this doctor, we started small talk....and I ended up telling him that I studied biology, that I have been looking for work and wanted to make sure my eyes were ready and all set for when I did get a job and have to focus my vision ALL DAY...He asked me about my work experience, and I was honest...telling him that after college I went to the Peace Corps and then since moving back have been dabbling. He recommended that I shadow his head technician if I was interested. I happend to have a resume with me, so as I checked out at the front desk, I asked the girl...By any chance, are you guys hiring? To my surprise, I didn't get one of the past answers....she said: I don't know, but we are super busy and can always use the help. So I gave her my resume and I got a call from the head technician for a job interview a couple days later. Friday I went in for an interview where they told me the position that they were looking to fill, and the hours. I talked with the manager for a while about my resume and then I waited in the "kitchen/break room". One by one the office staff, and doctors came in. Most of them said they had all already heard about me, and were super nice. The head tech who called me also noticed how funny I was =) which made me happy that he had such a great sense of humor. The hiring manager thanked me for coming in and said she'd call me Monday with an OFFER. I don't know how close I am to actually having a NEW JOB...but I can't help but feel super excited and hopeful. Tomorrow can't come soon enough, it's gonna be a BIG DAY!


On not so important news,  I got a new phone =) with a new NUMBER...IPHONE BY THE WAY! If you call my old number you'll hear the message-with my new number on it. Some of you may be wondering why I haven't  texted you back....we'll there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.