Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What a day!

My Pumpkin head and I had a crazy day.
It started great with this nice walk around our complex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OM7eTJ4AyM

...then I went to work and left nico with a new nanny--who was 30 minutes late and who put nico in his crib for naptime and let him "cry it out". I could hear him in the background on the phone...and it was TERRIBLE. It was one of the worst moments i've felt in a LONG TIME. I broke down crying in the office and didn't know what to do. I obviously told her to take him out and hold him and I called the neighbor to see if she could bring her 2.5 year old son, Jack, to play with Nico and help calm him down-which helped ALOT!

At work I was so MISERABLE but I finished the mini-project I was assigned. It was SO HARD to justify being there SO FAR from Nico. When I finished my "boss" was so amazed at my work....but all I could think about was getting out to go see my poor baby who was so scared.

Later, at night, he didn't let Peter put him to bed, he was just reaching out for me and crying as soon as we got in his room. He was really scared from earlier in the day.

I learned my lesson: BE VERY CLEAR with baby sitters and nannies...DON'T LET MY CHILD CRY THEIR HEAD OFF! I thought it was common sense...Obviously NOT.

He got up like at 2am and was holding my arm really tightly. I really hope that he doesn't ever have to feel that alone, stranded and scared again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.