Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines-13months-work-visitors update

Last Night we went out AGAIN!! Chris, Lel's brother, and his girlfriend came over to hangout while Nico slept, so that we could celebrate Valentines. We all ate dinner together and then we (peter and I) went to downtown Culver city...which was beautiful. It was a mix of downtown G-ville and coconut grove. We saw: JUST GO WITH IT! It was INCREDIBLE! Loved the chemistry, love the storyline, loved the hotel, loved the funniness, loved everything....I loved it. Go watch it and then we'll discuss.

Today was a LONG DAY. Nico had and continues to have a fever. This afternoon he even threw up on me...and the carpet, which now smells absolutely glamourous but I forgive him, cause it's is DAY!!
HAPPY 13 months NICO!!!!
21lbs. 10oz.
Eating habits: He started eating EGGS this month and a little bit of TOAST! YESSS...like a BIG BOY! His food is more chunky now and he is eating foods similar to what we have...(simpler version of course)
Motor skills: He has stood up a couple times by himself for longer periods of time....especially when he doesn't know that he's not holding onto anything (like if he is distracted). He is up to 4 steps...but NOT 1/2 a step more...lol. He can sign: ALL DONE!!!
Sleeping habits: Lately he's been getting up at least once at night. I think that might be due to NEW chompers that are coming out (le estan saliendo mas dientes!!). I have seen at least 3 little tips poking though his gums.
Speech: Lots of very intense babbling sessions which hang gestures to go with his conversations...but no words yet.
Other: He's gotten into a weird new habit of making this "mad" face where he scrunches up his nose, mouth, and eye brows all together. I hope he grows out of that soon cause it's adorable but I love his laugh sooo much more!


A little work update:
So I've started working part-time at Berlitz and I really like it. I started doing office work and now am doing some more interesting projects. I'm also teaching. I have a wide range of students, from kindergardeners to adult professionals. We really like the nanny/sitter that's taking care of Nico.
Netflix classes started today, and they went GREAT!!! My students had a great time and they thought I was funny---i'm gonna get them to sign it so that Peter can believe me. He doesn't find me too funny. I look forward to Thursday's class--where the founder of NETFLIX will be a STUDENT!!!! (act cool valeria....act cool!)

Well hopefully Nico will get better soon, cause TITO and Yesenia are coming to VISIT Thursday!!! WE HAVE TO BE ALL BETTER to show them around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.