Monday, February 14, 2011

LOVE DAY!

Valentine's isn't about FANCY dinners, boxes of chocolate, huge stuffed bears, and everything else that's super-priced at your local grocery store. I'm not saying that I don't want any flowers or chocolate covered strawberries, wink wink, but I am saying that Valentine's (to me) is about spending quality time with that person or two, that float your boat...that make the world make sense, that make you smile when they look at you and that make everyday life moments...AMAZING!
I don't know how I got this lucky!!

So...Happy LOVE DAY to all! And this little man has all the love in the world to share.

Yesterday when we left mass I go the most Beautiful flower in the WORLD!!! Daddy picked a flower as we were walking to the car and Nico delivered what was left of it. I almost teared! It was such an awesome display of teamwork, hahaha.
In the past year+, we haven't gotten much alone time. Fortunately this weekend we were able to sneak some "hang-out" times while Nico graced us with LONG naps.
Saturday we just sat on the beach while Nico napped in the stroller. It was such a beautiful day.Peter even made sand chairs for us! When Nico woke up, we all played in the FREEZING water for a little while, daddy surfed, and once the sun went down, we rollerbladed/skateboarded home.
Yesterday, after the Valentine's Baby Brunch with new neighbor friends, Nico was pooped! He took a 3 hr nap!!! Peter and I got to hang out on the hammock, read, takes naps, and even watch a movie! I don't think I can remember when the last time was that I took a carefree, uninterrupted nap on our hammock with the cutest guy I know.

Mommy and daddy got to go out to watch a movie last night since Uncle Charlie came to hold the fort down while Nico slept. We saw, NO STRINGS ATTACHED. It was really funny but it also made me cry.
This morning, Peter made me a yummy Pancaque breakfast!
And Nico gave me a beautiful rose from Daddy's bouquet! Then he proceeded to destroy it, lol.

Abuelito Rodriguez sent some beautiful Valentine's Cards, Thank You daddy =)

1 comment:

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.