Friday, December 3, 2010

NICO STOOD UP YESTERDAY...

Nico stood up yesterday at our friend Julia's house for about 10 seconds!!!! He did it, I think 3 times, and then wanted nothing to do with it anymore...haha. I guess it's hard work to stand on your OWN TWO FEET!
I got super excited, I didn't know how to turn the camera on, or find my phone but I did (don't worry). I shed a little tear when I saw him standing there...like a BIG BOY!!

A little about our week:
We've had a baby-filled week (well Wed. and Thurs. really). Cash (and Stephanie), Henry (and Candy), and Alan(and Karen) came to visit us on Wednesday. And yesterday we went to the Library in Round Rock for story time and we saw Samuel (and Stephanie P) and Dylan (and Monica). Then we hung out at Dylan's house for a couple hours, we helped decorate (Christmas stuff)--Monica made scrumptious lunch for Nico and me!!! But it didn't end there. We then went to visit Jackson and Julia in the afternoon for a little!!
6 Baby friend visits in 2 days--I think that might be a record!
Nico and I are really going to miss our baby friends and baby momma friends!


The other day I was futilely trying to look up Mom Friend quotes or baby friend quotes--so I came up with a few of my own:

Baby Momma friends are those who:
  • Share their mommy brain moments with you...and make your day
  • clap, uuuuu, and awwwww at your child's milestone accomplishments as if they were their own child's accomplishment.
  • tell you you're a GREAT mom, even when your kid falls from the bed, face plants, gets a rash, or ALL of the above.
  • understand that when baby makes 3...daddy's aren't such "satisfied" campers
  • tell you that you look fashionable when you all know you haven't had time to shower, let alone had the time/energy to go shopping.
  • invite you to their homes on a weekly basis knowing that your infant is going to spit up on their couch, carpet, toys, and child.
  • keep talking over your screeching baby and pretend that, like you, they don't hear a thing.
  • takes pictures of you and your baby since (as the photographer momma) you are in barely any great PICTURES!
  • make lactation cookies, cakes, brownies...ONLY to help your milk production.
  • make sure to tell you that you look "different" when you've had time to brush your hair.
  • buy fun toys that all baby friends get a kick out of!
  • will endure stop/go/stop/go runs with your stroller and say they had a great run!
  • set up play dates even when both your kids didn't even know the other was there.
Baby momma friends helped me get through though the challenging moments and shared with me all the amazing firsts...I'm so lucky to have met such great momma friends. I'm really going to miss you girls---and boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.