Tuesday, December 21, 2010

25 years....reflection


Yesterday was my birthday...25!
I celebrated with some friends at Lolita in Brickell (Annie,Ricky, Juan, Kenn, and Alan weren't in the picture-But were there too). I felt very special...with all the calls, emails, Facebook messages, and gifts...Thank you all!!!
A whole quarter century!
Some things I've learned:
  • God has a sense of humor---he's actually HYSTERICAL!
  • You have to believe that you can do things, be better, and handle whatever life throws your way! Montalvo always used to say: If you believe 1/10th of 1% of what I believe in you, you'd be amazed at what you can do.....and it's true--a little self confidence can go a LONG way.
  • Adaptation is one of the most important skills to have when trying to lead a HAPPY life.
  • Friendships need tune ups and attention .
  • Your parents seem a lot more reasonable, smart, and self-less as you get older--and ACTUALLY start realizing some of the sacrifices that they have made over the years for US.
  • The fairy tales that we heard, saw, and read about growing up--DO EXIST...except we have slightly different plots, and characters in ours.
  • You don't always get what you want...If you're lucky you get what you didn't even know you wanted and SOOOO MANY MORE AWESOME THINGS!
  • The joy that comes from loving my beautiful pumpkin head and my amazing husband doesn't compare to any other feeling in the world!
I love my family, friends, and LIFE!! Thank you all for being a part of my life.
I hope the next 25 years are as amazing as these first 25!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.