Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MIAMI trip 4 for Nico

So we came to Miami to celebrate Halloween, my mom's birthday, and spend a couple days in Miami with friends and family.
Halloween weekend was full of dressing up and seeing LOTS of people.
Mommy and daddy were able to get some "alone time" on a 35 min run on the beach saturday morning...I forgot how beautiful the ocean looks at 7:30 in the morning. I was sweatingprofusely2 minutes into the run, but it felt great!
Before Peter left to Key West for Patrick Khoury's Bachelor Party we went together to his cousin's (Danielle) house for a Halloween play-date with Nico's primitos (cousins).
Nico got to hang out with his great-abuela (Eneida) afterwards.
Saturday evening Nico and I went to visit Juan's family with Tia Manuela...where I enjoyed a DELICIOUS ASADO!! Nico wasn't too happy on the way home =( but he finally went to bed. (My parents went to a wedding Saturday night. They looked great...and I dressed Nico up just for the picture with them...haha)
Sunday (HALLOWEEN) we went to Mass at the school I went to. All the little kids I used to know were all grown up. I guess the fact that I was there with MY BABY made me seem all grown up to all the parishioners who've known me for a while...like my first grade teacher (Mrs. Cofino) and my third grade teacher (Mrs. Perkins)! It was so nice to see everyone, and eat Krispy Kreme donuts.

Halloween evening we went to the Flores Abuelos house...
The extreme heat impeded Nico from wearing his costume for more than 10 minutes!!! But we still had a great time.
(Pictures will be inserted later)
Again on the way home he wasn't a happy camper...but we finally made it home to bed!

Monday Peter came back from Key West and left back to Austin without a Phone or Wallet...Peter Piper took over his decision making abilities this weekend...but it's only wednesdayand he has already replaced all his lost items. While Peter was packing his stuff...Nico learned how to climb up a step at the Flores abuelos house!
(Pictures will be inserted later)
Yesterday was Abuelita's Birthday!!! Manuela drove down from Nova to eat dinner with us...she made really good shrimp and pasta with garlic bread, and bought a scrumptious ICE CREME CAKE!!!
But the biggest highlight of the trip SO FAR is that my mom bought Nico a walker and HE IS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! At first he was walking backwards in the walker but after about 10 minutes, he figured it out and there was no stopping him! This morning he got up at 7:25am and by 7:27 was in the walker and following my parents all around the house! He walks really fast...
I bet he'll be running in that walker in NO TIME AT ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.