Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Publishing Process Begins!

And so TODAY it's OFFICIAL! The publishing process has begun!
As most of you who know me know, I love writing and have a couple "books" in the works...but I have a finished Children's Book that I have been day dreaming about being read at the Local Storytime for kids like Nico.

When I'm at book stores, in the kids' section, I can almost SEE just how MY BOOK is gonna look...but it's only been a day dream until THIS MORNING, when I got on board with a Self-publishing company who is gonna help me get this book out in print!
I received this email from MY PUBLISHING CONSULTANT:
http://www.xlibris.com

Dear Valeria Flores,

I want to personally thank you for choosing Xlibris to publish your work. It is our full commitment to provide our authors with the best in self-publishing, and I want to say that your satisfaction is our top priority.

Please don't hesitate to call at any time if you have any questions or clarifications.

We look forward to making your publishing experience the very best it possibly can be.

All the best,

Chris Lopez
Publishing Consultant

Xlibris Corporation

Once the book is published, it will be available through the publishing company's own WEBSITE, AMAZON.COM and BARNES&NOBLES.COM plus a lot more places.

The next step is waiting for rules and the steps for the submission of the manuscript---
AND on my side, get cracking on final drafts for the illustrations before sending those in as well!!!


I will soon be able to say:
I'm A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!!!

I know the process will be long, and there is A LOT of work to do! But Today, RIGHT NOW, I just want to be super excited, jump around in my living room with Nico, play Juan Luis Guerra really loud on Pandora and smile so much that my cheeks are gonna hurt very soon! Tomorrow I'll check back into the "REAL WORLD".
TODAY...I wanna FEEL this moment and try and trap a little of this excitement in a little jar or water bottle just to that I can Always have it there to remind me of WHY I STARTED THIS JOURNEY:
to catch a dream!!
Thank you Peter for being excited for me and helping me with this project. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I work with your friend Alina in NY! She told me about your blog. I am very captivated by your story. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.