Friday, January 14, 2011

Twas the night before...


Birthday cake is in the oven, "Seaweed" pasta salad is in the fridge, Blue Jello with Sweedish fish are in there too along with a couple other PIRATY snacks for NICO's ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY PARTY TOMORROW! I can't believe it's been a year since Nico was BORN!
I am so glad that we have this written log of this past year. It's all gone by SOOO FAST, but I'm proud to say that we have been able to capture most of the major events in our 134 blog posts since the announcement of Nico's arrival. We just finished reading Peter's thoughts and My account of the events that took place one year ago tonight (1/15/10 --1:32am Central Time). It's funny how long ago Nico's birth felt to us 2 weeks after his birth. I have a theory about the first year. As you get further from labor day, time goes by FASTER. What do I mean? Well, the first couple days after Nico was born were AN ETERNITY! However here I am now, the night before Nico's 1 year Birthday...and I feel as if we were just celebrating his 10 month "birthday".

We have 17 guests that have RSVPed for the PIRATE PACHANGA...(5 of which were imported just for the special occasion- The Flores Abuelos, Abuelito Luis, Tia Kelly and Tio Josh).
I'm so excited for tomorrow!

This past year, nothing has been as expected...and everyday there are challenges to overcome and awesome moments to share together. Maybe because of my parents' struggles, but I am very aware of HOW lucky I am to have the CHANCE to me a MOMMY, and I am SO thankful for my little MIRACLE!!!!

I want to end this by saying...
Dear Nico,
In a couple hours, you will have been part of our family for ONE WHOLE YEAR! I guess we did a pretty good job! There were times that I was definitly worried us, but we made it through. I REALLY LOVE YOU MORE EVERYDAY. Thank you for making my life so complete. I look forward to seeing you grow up into the cool little man that you are shaping up to be. I want you to know that I love you more than you can EVER IMAGINE---and then MORE than that!
Te AMO MI REY!

love,
Mommy
.

Your party is going to be GREAT!


Fair winds!(good bye in pirate talk)

1 comment:

  1. His party turned out great. He is such a blessed little boy to have an awesome mommy and lots of friends!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.