Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mega Million reality check

The Mega Million played tonight for 355 MILLON DOLLARS! I never buy lotto tickets, but tonight I went out and got some. I knew that the chances were about slim to none to win anything....but a part of me couldn't help but imagine how AWESOME it would be to win...even 1/2 or 1/500 of jackpot.
Thinking about everything that I would do if we won...made me a little teary-eyed when I saw the actual winning numbers...It was almost as if all those possibilities vanished in the blink of an eye. I know it's silly but I really wish I would have won SOMETHING!

Thing is, I know there are millions of people out there tonight that felt the same way...and will wake up tomorrow to the same life as the day before. Difference with me is...I know I didn't win all these millions but I guess it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the world if we not only had the most beautiful baby, handsom husband, apartment near the beach, AND WON THE LOTTO...Not fair---I get it....but I still played, lol.

Work search has been fruitless here in LA. I've started working with Berlitz, the language Center that I worked for in Austin, teaching spanish...but as of right now, the schedule is ALL OVER THE PLACE. I'm looking for a more consistent job, with regular hours... Ideally part-time doing something INTERESTING!

However, it's not like the job search is even my biggest struggle....FINDING someone to take care of Nico has been the hardest so far. None of the 8 daycares we have called in the area have openings. The soonest possible spot is believed to open sometime in summer 2011. Most of the schools don't even have spots for DAYCARE TOURS for a couple months! This is ridiculous. I guess you really do have to sign up for preschool and school before you even think about having a baby!?!?! And lets not even discuss how expensive these mini-harvard institutions are---definitely more than any normal, non-lottery winning, single-working parent family can afford! I know we'll find something-ONE DAY!

I hope I'm not addicted to this lotto thing...like my grandfather...who bought a lotto ticket almost every day of his life...and NEVER WON ANYTHING, lol. We'll see who the lucky jerk is who won all these millions---not jealous. At all.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job! I hope they start giving you regular hours. Better luck next time with the lotto. :( You are a great writer, you know that?!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.