Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stressing News

The problem with staying home is that my adult conversations take place with my T.V. friends and occasionally (when i'm lucky) my other real life friends.

This morning on Good Morning America, they were discussing SKIN CANCER and how common it has become. As i heard all the stats, signs, symptoms, ways to detect early, and death rates of this cancer, my heart started racing.

One woman said that her sister was diagnosed in as a sophomore in college. She was healthy, athletic, and young but suffered a slow 6 month death. Another woman was able to detect her's early, however she had to undergo chemo and was not able to resume with her active lifestyle. She was just happy to be alive.

I know that I can't allow myself to get worked up over all the news, but being from Miami, literally growing up OUT UNDER UNDER THE SUN, always having a golden brown suntanned look, I wonder if maybe there is something that I should get checked out. Especially now, because my pumpkin head needs his mommy to be heathy and strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.