Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

LOVE THE AUSTIN WEATHER!

This morning was nice and crisp for a stroll in the park. Ashish, Peter and I went to Town lake where I walked 3 miles while Peter and Ashish ran 9.6 miles.



I got to be accompanied by CHINA. A retriever mix from the Austin Pet's Alive organization that tries to find homes for homeless dogs in Austin. They bring them out to Town Lake on the the weekend so that they can be walked by people (like me) and maybe get adopted.

I would love to get a dog right now...but we know that it's not the smartest idea. For now, I have to settle for my adopted weekend friends.After Town Lake we went to Ashish and Travis' House for breakfast and some Sunday Fun-day activities. I cut Ashish's hair and then we played Polish Horse Shoes...as being demonstrated by Peter and Travis. I was just keeping score for a little. Once I started playing, I had to go fetch the frisbee myself TWICE in the neighbors house!

We came home exhausted and napped until it was time for dinner!! SO YUMMY!

SIDE NOTE 1:

This is our finished dining room/office area with Peter hard at work. We each have our own computer, with lamp and cork board. The dry erase board contains things that we need to do SOON.

Side Note 2:
A little walk through memory lane...
This was me in January of this year;
Right after the ING 1/2 Marathon
This is me now, October 2009,
after a 30 minute walk =)

1 comment:

  1. HAAAA HAAA HAAA!!!! I love the before and after pic, HYSTERICAL

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.