Thursday, May 31, 2012

STAGE FRIGHT...=(

 Nico's daycare set up an end of the year school presentation which I actually didn't find out about until the day before when my dad told me that Nico's teacher had reminded him that Nico needed to wear black pants and a white shirt. Since it was my last day working at STA, I was able to duck out for 20 mins and catch Nico's first show. Unfortunately I didn't catch much. Shortly after I got there, Nico and his "waiter" looking friends came through the door.

 As soon as Nico caught sight of me...it was over. He ran toward me and clung to my neck! All his classmates went up on stage to "take their positions".
 ....But not Nico...He stood right next to me singing.. MAMAMMMAAMAMAMAMAAAAA.
 The song his friends were singing was super cute about a Cow- La Vaca Lola. Then they sang the wheels on the bus and La Vaca Lola again. It was a short and sweet presentation. But I couldn't' even get Nico to hum the songs for me =(
 I even sat at the base of the stage and tried to sneakily slide him onto the stage without him noticing---epic failure.


 He even started getting upset when his classmates started coming up to me to give me hugs after the show (for no reason- I guess kids are just loving like that). Nico would say--NO, My Mama--Only child syndrome is starting to kick in I guess.
The teacher told me: NEXT TIME, hide until after the show. I guess it works because during the show there were maybe 10 moms/dads/abuelos, and after the show there were like 20ish. ( I wonder where they were all hiding?1?)

After the show I went to his class and played with play-dough and his classmates until-- I had to go back to work.
I know Nico loves singing and I can't wait for his next presentation. I will hide next time so that I can catch my little star in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.