Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ohh May...

I havn't posted in a couple days--actually almost a month-- and the reason is plain and simple....I've been so busy I havn't had a second to even POST!
So many things have happend since the MUD RUN at the beginning of the month....let me make an attempt to get all caught up!
  • Nico got his first Haircut in Miami! He had an ENTIRE ENTORAGE spectating and even one spectator via Skype!
  • May 12th--Last day of the Farmer's Market in South Miami and it was the DAY THAT I FOUND AN APARTMENT!!! We move-in in July! So excited! Here's a sneak peak of the kitchen--->

  • Last month I wore a dress for an Event and a couple days ago I saw it on TV...=)


This month was also special because I got to celebrate my 3rd MOTHER'S DAY! By buggarhead woke me up with a huge buggary kiss--saying LOVE YOU MAMITA. I gave myself VOLUME 4 of Nico's Life in Print. I've been printing out this blog every 6 months or so....and for mother's day I received the Book from Nico's life: 1 1/2 years to 2 years old.  My gosh how much LIFE Nico has fit into his 2 years and 4 months! I'm just excited that I have been able to track it with pictures and all!!

Anyway...back to Mother's day festivities! We went to Mass where PK3 from STA performed an adorable rendition of YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE for all their mommas and then gave out SUNFLOWERS-my favorite! Papa and the Flores abuelos joined us there and then got a sneak peak tour of the STA grounds. Nico loved playing with the goat family =) He kept saying...Mama goaaaattttt, baby goattt, papa goatttt.
Then Tia Invited us to a beautful brunch!!! She made me, buela, Abu, and Marta a scruptious mother's day celebration with personalized wine glasses and all!




Later in the evening on Mother's Day, we ended up paying Baptist Hospital's Urgent Care a little visit since Nico wasn't doing too well with his "cold". We went home with a Nebulizer only to go back in a couple days later to find that he had bronchitis and had developed PINK EYE... Fortunately he is doing a lot better now--I'd say 97% now =) !!!!

On May 15th, Nico turned 2 years and 4 months! Check out the link for details of his growth!

On May 19th, I attended the Gator Guayabera Guateque(LINK)-an event hosted by the Hispanic Alumni Association. It was SUCH a fun experience being around Gators, hearing the Gator chants, and reconnecting with friends and faculty that share the same pride in being FLORIDA GATORS as I do!
With Bernie Machen, University of Florida President

All in all....May has been a happening month! Miami has been good to us!
Besides finding a daycare for Nico, and an apartment, this month I also have had the pleasure of working at STA as a Full-time sub and helping out with the Animals.



 Last week I was able to set up an Endangered Species Event for the students that I felt turned out to be a success! And as of this week I am officially the new Science and Zoology Teacher for a Charter School here in Miami!

There is still one more week in May....LOTS more can happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.