Sunday, May 6, 2012

Merrell Down & Dirty 10k Race and Zoo

Sunday Funday was kicked up a couple notches today!
This morning was the Merrell Down and Dirty 10k Race! 
A couple days ago I saw it on the Sole Runner's FB page and signed up on whim. So glad I did! It was awesome!
I haven't run more than 3.5 miles since the LA Marathon mid-March, but I signed up for the 10k thinking that since it was the first race---it would be the least DIRTY....I was right. I pretty much had a mud free course...except for the actual MUD PITS scattered around the course.




last stretch of obstacles!


Made it to the end!!
My buggarhead at the finish was the bestest finisher award!
My time was 52:41 =)




Nico found Papa's shoes
Momma and Nico getting first place award: $110 gift certificate for Merrell
 And look who we found at the finish line....Tio Javooooooooooooooooo
1st place in my age group, 1st female 10k finisher, and 44th overall 10k finisher =)


Then we went to the ZOO with Tia, Abuelo, and Mama!!!!!















 We got to the waterpark area and it was GREATTTT, just what we needed!













We got to FEED THE RHINO!!!
After all the excitement...Nico was ready to go home!
It was an adventure-filled day!


Like Nico would say...GOOD DAY!

1 comment:

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.