Monday, February 20, 2012

RACE!! Less than one month away!

In 26 days I will compete in my first FULL MARATHON!

Saturday I ran 16 miles on my own, 8:38pace....feeling good, feeling strong, finding different "targets'' to motivate me to get my mind off the TOTAL distance, finding reasons to be thankful for the people in my life and the things in my life.

This 16 mile run went SO MUCH BETTER than the 16 miler I ran just 1 month ago. I am happy to say that I ran it 1 minute per mile faster than 1 month ago...crazy how fast your body conditions and adapts.

I'm starting to remember what this felt like.
Training for this marathon has made me even more thankful for this great outlet that I have. Running has truly been a gift that has helped mold me, my work ethic, my perspective on difficult situations, and my approach to life in general. I guess when it's the ONE THING that has remained "constant" in the past 20 years...it's hard to not weigh in on most of life's events, decisions, and results.

I honestly think that being a runner has made me the strong person that I am today. I'm glad that this marathon, is yet another feat that I'l be able to add to my tally of running accomplishments in what has been a lifetime of running.

1 comment:

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.