Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Love Day

Yesterday when I picked Nico up from school I saw the other parents picking up these adorable valentine's art work...but Nico hadn't made any since he played hookie last week with buela's visit.
So...I decided that Nico and I would make up for some lost time and get to (art)working when we got home.

First, however, we made some carrot cake cupcakes. I know that Nico and his classmates are going to have a bunch of chocolate and suger infused cookies/brownies/and Lord knows what else at school tomorrow. I wanted to give them a delicious healthy option...WITH almost an entire bag of real baby carrots!!! Yummy!!Yes...call me a granola momma...I don't care =)
Nico helped me stir...and then performed (several) taste tests to give his stamp of approval:
While the cupcakes were baking...we hit up tackling a project that mama saw on Pinterest. Nico was busy playing with his cars...so I didn't really know how this project was gonna go over...but I was pleasently surprised when he dropped his cars at the site of the paintbrush...man after my own heart!
Taking pictures while having a toddler...with RED PAINT on his hands...ON CARPET...was no piece of cake...BUT complete success! Happy Nico, project completed, clean carpet, happy momma!!!
We finished the project I had in mind...but he wanted to keep going. I was loving the enthusiasm, so I got project #2 unfolded and we were on our way to making papa a valentine's card.
 After adding some final touches....Papa's card was complete.
 I must say i'm proud very proud of Nico's NEW wall art addition! Thank you for the best Valentine's gift...your LUB LU MAMA!!
 Lets hope the muffins make it to school...hahaha, I think I may have another after this post;
 GUILT FREE VALENTINES CARROT CAKE MUFFINS....could there be anything better?
I supposed it could be gluten free, sugar free, taste free as well but for that matter we'll just snack on air or ice cubes.

Today as the world celebrates with giant gestures of "love", I want Nico to see the true meaning of celebrating this day. It's about doing something nice for the people around you that you have CHOSEN to love....because it's like Mr. Artiz said while I was in High school: Love is a choice, it's an act of the will, It's what is left when the feelings have faded...

My mom has always said...Valentines should be everyday. Even though I bump heads with her on a lot of things, that's one thing that I've always admired about her...her wisdom. Everyday we should let our love guide our decisions and actions...yet we often forget since there arn't PINK AND RED Posters/hearts/ cupcakes/ballons/roses everywhere...and making decisions based on love isn't always the easiest path. How amazing would our lives all be if we could actually do this??

So on this Valentine's day, I should take time to let the people in my life know that I love them...whether we haven't talked to them in years, or  we talk everyday, whether they know it already, or may have forgotten, whether it's through a card, or a prayer for them.

HAPPY LOVE DAY...I pray for the courage to Love like Nico loves...unconditionally and whole-heartedly. Pumpkinhead...how is it at 2 you are already wiser than your mamma??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.