Sunday, June 5, 2011

San Diego 1/2 Marathon

San Diego Half Marathon was this morning!

I new it was going to be difficult and painful...BECAUSE I didn't train like I should have. But once the race got started, my goal time shifted all around. Yesterday I was talking about shooting for 1:45. Then as I walked into my corral I saw the 1:40 pacer and I said...Let's do it. In the first couple miles I was feeling good and even had my eyes on the 1:35 pacer for a while, but then dropped back to BEHIND the 1:40 pacer. Around mile 8 I passed the 1:40 pacer guy with my only goal being to come in IN FRONT of him!!! I used a couple (random) girls along the way to help me pull me to the finish.

I was really happy with the results...knowing that I didn't train like I SHOULD HAVE for this race, and that it was pure competitiveness that took over and got me through the 13.28 miles of ROLLING HILLS, highways, and blisters. I want to give myself a really chance to perform well by PREPARING the right way...I know it'll be good! The leader in my age group race in the front pack (3 place). With my San Antonio Half marathon time from October(2010), I would have gotten me 11th place in this age-group. Next race goal is top 10 in my AGE-GROUP. By the way, this race was the first time I ran with the 25-29 year olds!

Here are the Official Results:
Overall place: 392 of 17152 runners
Gender Place: 73 of 11538 women who ran this morning.
Division Place:21 or 2596 Girls between the ages of 25 and 29.
Official Time: 01:37:14
I must note, the course was a little long...just wanted to throw that out there. Not making excuses for my time. But...13.1 is a half marathon...and every step counts...and I did a couple(a lot) of extra steps. My GARMIN read 13.28 miles at the finish.SO DID a lot of the other GARMINS!! Rant done. Thank you.

Kelly, Josh, and Andy (Kelly's PT school friend) were also in SAN DIEGO for the Race. Kelly and Andy ran the Relay (8miles/5miles respectively). Peter, Nico,and Josh got to hang out and run around like crazies trying to cheer for the 3 of us. This was just a training run for Kelly since she is training for the NAPA to Sonoma VALLEY Half Marathon on July 17th....WHICH we are also going too---but to cheer and support and DRINK WINE =).

Here are the Official Results for Team Convex on Concave:
Kelly Ran 1:09:23 for her 8 mile leg of the relay which is an (8:34 pace)
Andy ran 41:02 for his 5 mile leg of the which which is an (8:12 pace).
They placed 23 place out of 295 teams who ran.
They also placed 11th out of 113 Co-ed teams who competed.

After the race we hung out at the 4th floor Hyatt Pool in Downtown San Diego...A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!
Nico got a floaty that he LOVED. We got to tan and relax a little before driving back home for the HEAT GAME! GO HEAT!!!

I will add Pictures when they are posted!

1 comment:

  1. nice, we should do a relay. All we need is a 6:30 pace to win!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.