Tuesday, June 28, 2011

End of June Update, Sam and Patricia Visit and Nico and Ana, too

I've completely abandoned our blog in the last couple days....SO SORRY!

We have just had SOOO much going on that there has been NO TIME for reflecting or writing!
Thursday:
In the morning Nico and Mommy hung out with Friends at story-time here in our complex's library with Mia, Aaron, Nicolo, Alexander, and Madeline.

Tia Sam and Patricia arrived while we were there!! They went to USC later that day for Sam to Visit the campus...this was part College Visit Trip/ Part Nico Visit trip =). Nico loved hanging out with Tia Sam---she cracked him up from the second she arrived. Sam is Peter's cousin who is currently in Japan for a Live Abroad experience the next month!

Friday:
We got our bike stolen from our parking garage---THAT HAD A LOCK! I hope whoever took it is feeling the wrath of BAD KARMA.
We also planted this with our neighbors kids and Nico...I hope they survive =)
In the evening, when Sam and Patricia got home from visiting Pomona-- a small liberal arts college that SAM absolutely loved, and Peter got home from surfing, we had a bbq here at the apt with Kenny and his cousin (chilly).

Saturday:
I went to take my FBI Linguist test (part 1 of stage 2 in the hiring process). It was LONG! My hand felt like it was going to FALL OFF! But I hope that I did well. I will find out in 3 weeks how I did and if I passed to Part 2 of stage 2--which is the speaking assessment.
While I was translating away in a mysterious Federal Building, Daddy put up the surf rack up in the living room, which we had been working on all week.
Before:
After:

He and Nico also went to the Getty Museum with Sam and Patricia---who LOVED IT!
When I got home from my test, Peter and I biked to the Beach with some friends, Brittney Love, Ryan, Charlie, and Mandy while Patricia and Sam took care of Nico. It was definitely summer in Santa Monica/Venice! Everyone and their mommas were out there getting some sun, whether it was running, biking, walking, tanning, playing volleyball, drinking, tourisiting-new word, or whatever else they could think of. I'm so glad we biked! If we had to drive, I probably would never go to the beach in the summer. We played some volleyball and then watched the USA vs MEXICO soccer game---where we decided to stay out at ( an Irish Pub)....we had SO MUCH FUN---I felt like a kid again, lol.


Sunday:
Sam and Patricia left to the airport...for the flight they thought that sam had but it was really Monday.
Peter, Nico and I went to a Stand up paddle board race in our marina!

Nico and Ana arrived as surprise visitors. A little after they arrived, Nico (mine) was saying ANA!! Can you believe it???!??!?!?!
We went to a BBQ with Friends here in the complex which was baby central, haha (poor ana and nico) At the party, our neighbor started blowing bubbles to the kids....and guess what Nico did....HE SAID BUBBBLEEEEE!!!!!!

YES so he added 2 words to his vocab list in one day!!

Monday Morning, I went on an 8.25 mile run with Ana and her Nico. I gave them a running tour of Venice and Santa Monica. It was so nice to be running--stride for stride(for the first half,lol) with old friends, catching up on life, showing off my new home.

In the afternoon, we went to the 3rd Street Promenade and the Santa Monica Pier ( Ana and my Nico). Nico got on his first Faris Wheel!!!He didn't really know what to make of it. At first he and I were both scared, then we distracted him and he might have started not hating it as much.

After teaching a private class (English for the Workplace), We all (ana, Nico, Peter and I ) went for dinner and drinks on a DOUBLE DATE!
Today:
Gym with mom friend and then on a 6.5 mile run with Ana, Peter, and my Nico
After our run, Ana gave Nico(my nico) breakfast and then he kindly returned the favor and fed Tia Ana all her Mango.
We then went to watch Peter and Nico surf...while we played in the sand:
When we got home Ana and Nico packed up their stuff and head out to Big Sur to continue their cross-cali camping trip---It was such a nice surprise to get to hang out with them for a couple days! Gracias por la visita Moacha =)

Nico and Mommy hung out the rest of today catching up on our THINGS TO DO LIST that has been neglected for the last couple visitor-filled days.

So this is how are summer has looked like so far and what awaits us:
Luz Mila-May 16th-26th
SAN DIEGO TRIP--1/2 Marathon June 4th-June 5th
Flores Abuelos- June 7th-13th
Samantha & Aunt Patricia- June 23rd-June 26th
Ana & Nico DeVries-June 25th-June 28th
Tia Manuela- June28th-July3rd ***who arrives tonight!!!!!
Forman Diaz-June 29th-July3rd
Ashish Patel- June 20th- July 6th
Abuelita Beatriz- July3rd- Aug9th
NAPA VALLEY TRIP- Napa and Sonoma 1/2 Marathon JULY 15th-17th
AUSTIN TRIP- July 28-Aug 3rd

If you can't see the slideshow below...click here:
Now I am on my way to pick up Tia Manuela up at the Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.