Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Half Marathon and Austin Baby Shower

Peter and I both wrote this entry...

Peter:We had Valeria's parents(and Snoopy) in town last weekend. It was great to show them around, I think Luis wants to move here!
On Friday morning, we went to the County Clerk's office to pick up our Marriage Certificate! We have 30 days to fill in the blanks and bring it back, then we are official, almost. We will have our real wedding with the church and the party next summer, we just couldn't wait to start the process! I went to work, and Valeria showed her padres around Austin all day.
Valeria: I went with my parents to Maurie's Milagro for the yummiest tex-mex breakfast. Then we stopped by peter's old apartment so they could see where he used to live. There we hiked the first little hill to the cliff that oversees the Austin (red) Bridge. Then we went to a dog park on the Green Belt so that Snoopy could make friends. Our tour then continued to downtown where we stopped at Town Lake for a little stroll through the park!
Peter:On Saturday, Claire and Kristen organized a baby shower for us. It was a lot of fun, about 20 people came and brought a dish and gifts. We were so happy to see all the cool things that people had brought for us! The girls even let us watch some football in the back room!
Valeria: The baby shower was beautifully decorated! Claire went all Martha Stewart on us and made everything look awesome! Kristen and Claire even made a 3 layered diaper cake with 87 baby diapers! The finger foods were delicious. We got some Medela Breast pumps accessories, a swing, a blanket, a changing table pad, a sling, a grocery cart cover, a first-aid/grooming kit, and a JOGGING STROLLER. I even got a mommy only gift=a pregnant massage! It was like Christmas in November! After the baby shower we went to the Domain for a quick pasta dinner so that the RACERS could carbo-load for the race the next day.





Peter:Sunday was race day! Luis, Ashish and I all ran the San Antonio half marathon.
Valeria: Sunday morning at 4:30am movement started around the apartment. By 5:09am we were in the car and off to Ashish's house to pick him up and head down to San Antonio. There was so much fog on the drive home that I thought i was still dreaming. Once we got closer, we saw that traffic was going to be a problem for the racers to get to the start. Peter, Ashish, and my dad jump out of the car on the highway and ran toward the start...which was 2 miles away. I went to park the car by the finish and walked to a couple places along the course to cheer for the DADDYs and Ashish. Peter and Ashish finished in 1:43 minutes, my dad finished a couple minutes later with a PR of 1:53.

We hung around the finish area, grabbed snacks, and waited for peter and my dad to recover from the race. I was looking around at all the strollers (mainly BOB) that were at the race. I got really excited about getting back into race shape and running with the stroller past other racers =). The drive back was hard. We were all tired but someone had to drive...SO I DID. We got back to Austin with just enough time for my dad to shower, pack, and get back to the airport to fly out.


It was a great weekend! I was sad to see my dad go home, but at least my mom and snoopy stayed =).

1 comment:

  1. hello valeria & peter

    thanks for posting the video. i posted it on my facebook page. congratulations.....

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.