Saturday, June 9, 2012

New Bike- bitter sweet


Before leaving LA, I say BYE BYE to my bike. My first bike was special and we shared many special moments. Parting ways with it was hard but the quest for the replacement bike has produced mixed feelings.

I did not want nor did I have the means to invest as much as I did the first time around. Instead of going with a NEW BIKE, I opted for a USED bike option. Searching on craigslist was tiresome, even though I did set up a Notifinder search. Finally I came across this bike, and 2 hours later, it was in my car. It slightly reminds me of my first bike...but I don't want to keep comparing. This bike will do for now. Soon we'll find out just how well we mesh together =).

Some girls get fitted for dresses (wedding dresses like Manuela) while I get fitted for bikes... I'm a little odd I guess.
I'm signed up and getting ready for a summer of Triathloning after being out of the tri-racing circuit for a couple years. I'm excited and ready! First one will be on Father's Day =)

Best part of having a bike is that I got the first chance to BIKE WITH MY SON!! We went around the neighborhood and Nico got a kick out it! He kept yelling....MAMA bike, NICO bike...yayyyyy!!! He's recovering from Pneumonia, and getting him to drink his meds has been a mission---but this morning, his reward for taking the antibiotic was a loop around the block, which kinda worked.

As my buggarhead grows-up, I can't wait to keep sharing my love of the outdoors with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.