Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back from Miami

We came back and Mommy got straight to working!
We took care of the neighbors for a little and then Friday started taking care of Nico's Friend, Lorena (for a couple days). Hopefully I can start nannying more regularly =). I have really enjoyed hanging out with these little people. They truly test you! And I know they are preparing me to handle anything that co-workers and bosses in the future may throw at me....LITERALLY. I have gotten such a sense of accomplishment in these past couple days--knowing that I have TAUGHT them things, that I have helped them COMMUNICATE their frustrations, and that I have been able to GET THEM TO NAP---AT THE SAME TIME!!! I feel like a champ!

Now on to a Visitor Update upon our return from Miami!
# 17, 18, 19 if I'm not mistaken...Barbie, her brother Nicolas, and his girlfriend Pamela, Stayed with us from the 18th of Aug til early Sunday morning. We actually didn't even hear them leave.
We got to do a lot of Fun Stuff with them and had a great time catching up on life. Barbie and I have come a long way since that first day of Freshman year where we sat next to each other in homeroom.....and all those philosophical talks on the Lourdes cafeteria benches that strengthen our friendship over the years. She now has HER VERY OWN DANCE STUDIO!!! I am so proud of YOU BARBARA!!

We Biked around our "hood"
From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA
From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA
We stopped at Muscle Beach in Venice and Barbie was invited in by two of the JOHNNY BRAVOs that were looking for their next big break in HOLLYWOOD!!
From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA
We were on Set of a REAL MUSIC VIDEO that our FRIEND MIGUEL FERRER was DIRECTING...we saw the Shooting of Six Reasons's RAIN DANCE featuring rap legend Too Short.

From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA
From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA

We went out in Venice and GOT FREE Kanye WEST glasses!!!
From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA
We also finished the weekend off by SUFRING! Super California,lol. And by WE, I mean me too!!!! Nicolas got up on the first wave he rode in. The rest of us had a little trouble. Peter was the surf instructor and everyone had a great time!

From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA


From 1108 Barbie's Visit to LA
Thanks for coming to visit Barbie! As always.....GREAT TIMES!!
Here is a link to the slideshow below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.