Wednesday, July 20, 2011

20 de Julio

Feliz Dia de la Independencia Colombia!!!!
I Love being colombian, I love our culture, the FOOD, the MUSIC---and how it moves me from DEEP inside. I know there are lots of problems there, like with a lot of other countries, but it's what makes Colombia who it is!
Today I thought of all those parandas vallenatas that I heard, all the ALL-nighters at latin clubs, farm parties, and get-togethers in Miami, Bogota, Gainesville, and Manizales where these colombian rhythms kept me on the dance floor for HOURS.
We don't get too many chances here in LA to attend Colombian, latin, or dance parties (for that matter)...and I DO MISS IT...
I hope that Nico grows up to love colombia just as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.