Friday, July 9, 2010

Road toward San Antonio begins today!

18 weeks until the San Antonio Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon.
A mommy friend who used to run for FSU texted me yesterday asking if I was interested in running it. A part of me didn't want to do it, but I said yes. Because I haven't gotten into a routine yet, I am nervous that I won't be in the racing shape I want to be in. But my plan is that by committing to this race, I will be forced to be more disciplined and start running more regularly; something I never thought would be hard for me to do.

I want to set a goal for myself that I can attain, but at the same time I don't want to lower the bar too much...I ran a 1:31:20 in the Miami ING 1/2 Marathon in January 2009. At that time I was coming off of 4 years cross-country/ track training...even though I didn't do any special training for the race, not even workouts, just 1 hour a day of running.

My mom is here for a couple weeks and so while she hangs out with Nico I can go do my running/swimming.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. good luck! I did 1:45 last year, so maybe we will run somewhere in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the ING half marathon this years and it took me 3 hours to finish!! I plan on running it again next year... and hopefully in less time :)

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.