Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life in our shoes...

Sorry, I have been neglecting our blog in the last couple weeks. I have been busy writing articles to submit to the Examiner and teaching Spanish and English classes in the evenings a couple days a week at Berlitz.

2 Weekends ago, we ran the Texas round-up in 27:45. Our friend Ashish ran the 10k in 34 minutes and won! It earned him a sponsorship with Mizuno!!!!!
From 1004 Urban Roots and Racing
After the race we went on a very refreshing hike with Ashish, Christine, and Lola.
From 1004 Urban Roots and Racing
We also went to The Oasis for dinner. It is a really funky interesting Austiny restaurant on Lake Travis.
From 1004 Oasis
We ate dinner and saw the sunset.
From 1004 Oasis

Last week Nico and I did some Vitamin D tanning out by our pool. We were out for a couple minutes enjoying our "backyard".
From 1005 Pool and Painting
Then we worked on a project for the Abuelitas (for Mother's/ abuela's day), we can't show you just yet but I can tell you that we had a blast.
This past Sunday I ran the Bun Run in 24:30. I was really happy with my time because I felt great and I'm starting to feel like I'm starting to run a little more normally. It was also a 3 minute improvement in 1 week. We'll see how we do this next weekend in Chuey's Hot to Trot 5k.

This week Nico and I are starting a Mommy and Me class on Wednesday where we will meet 3 other new mommies and babies! We are very excited.

In other news, my mom just arrived in Barcelona! She is visiting my cousin, Gabriela, who is due in the next couple weeks! She is going to be there to welcome Manolo to this world! She'll be back in Miami when Nico, Peter, and I arrive.


Remember to check out my examiner page:

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Now that Ashish is sponsored, maybe he can wear a shirt after his races!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.