Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Yay! Thanks to Nico I can celebrate this special day. When I woke up to feed him at 5am this morning and I started to think about this entry. I wanted to think of something that cold help explain motherhood.

Then it came to me, it's like a ride at Islands of Adventure.
While you wait in line, you sweat, you're nervous, you ask people getting off the ride how it felt...and you get a variety of answers that ease or freak you out even more. Standing there what seems like forever you slowly move up to the yellow tape.
When the moment of truth comes, and its your turn, you sit and get strapped into this ride. Slowly you take off...ta ....ta ....ta ...ta... ta.... every second that goes by you know you are getting closer to the top of this crazy ride, when it feels like you're heart is going to beat out of your chest and your stomach sinks to your heels...the cart rolls down. You try to open your eyes but you barely separate your eyelashes. The ups and downs are unannounced and jerk you around but before you know it, your cart comes to a slow stop, and you look around at your friends and say....that wasn't that bad...let's get on again.

The first couple weeks were all up hill....there were times were I wondered what I had gotten myself into, but time has gone by, the ride is getting more and more fun. I've overcome that initial fear and am beginning to enjoy the little ups, downs, and random unexpected turns we have been living.

I'm so happy that both Peter and I have these adventurous spirits and together have been able to embark on this RIDE OF A LIFETIME!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!!
Thank you all for your calls and thoughts today.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!

    We used to have my parents wait in line for us while we were on the ride, so we could get back on as soon as possible. Unlike then, we will enjoy this ride a little more before rushing to get back on!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.