Thursday, December 8, 2011

Work- update, NEW JOB #2

So as I mentioned in the November update, I started working at the Optomologists office on Monday Nov.28, and by friday I had a very enticing second offer. Here's how it went down.

On Thursday, December 1st I went in to the 2nd Job and to my surprise---I clicked with my new boss! I was really impressed with the environment, the organization, and the TEAM feeling.....the pay was significantly higher as well....WHICH MADE MY STOMACH CHURN!

I hadn't found a job in 2 years and here I was almost a week into my new job and I had a second offer that was a little closer (5 mins from Nico's Daycare),  More flexible hours, and better pay...with great benefits...HOW WAS I SO LUCKY yet feeling so TORN!

I thought about it carefully on the weekend and Monday morning I went into the Opthamologist office and apologized and then told them that I had decided to take another job offer. I felt terrible because I was doing exactly what so many employers have told me in the past two years...."i'm going in a different direction".  As I walked out of the office I broke down crying. of course a million questions rushed through my head...what if i didn't make the right choice, what if this was the better job, what if I jumped the gun.....but then I tried to calm myself down (and hope that no one who worked at the office would walk out of the elevator). I don't know why I cared so much about an office full of people that I had really only known for  less than 1 day (20hrs).....but I DID CARE, and it made me sad to walk out.

On the drive home, my day got a little better and I realized all the benefits that came with my decision. I had time this week to spend with my dad before he leaves, hangout with Nico and take him to his EEG Thursday, and TO FINISH up some last minute adjustments to re-submit to the publishers before starting FRIDAY MORNING at my 2nd NEW JOB--which I already have my work outfit picked out for!!

I'm excited, and ready to work---for real now---well for a week, and then I'll take a 2 week vacation! HAHAH, gosh I have a funny life! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.