Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LA Happenings with Leilani, Baby Friends, and more

Just a couple days into being home and we've already had lots going on here in these parts:
See all of Saturday and Sunday's pictures here:

Saturday
Saturday morning we gave daddy a break and we(Nico and I) went for a nice 10 mile run together. My 1/2 Marathon in San Diego, is creepy up on me! Nico behaved like a champ. He was looking around and babbling away as we ran around the Marina's fingers by ourselves enjoying a beautiful, sunny, southern California morning with nice cool breezes every now and then. After our run we came home to get ready for Tia Leilani ARRIVAL! (She will be here for a week!!!)
From 1105 Back in LA
We got the cruisers ready and biked to the Beach. While we waited for Chris and Leilani to get to the sand, Peter and I played some ABC Volleyball.
From 1105 Back in LA
For those of you who don't know what that is, It's a game where you have to bump the ball back and forth saying the next letter in the alphabet (in order, without skipping letters) until it drops. Whoever drops it, looses. Peter apparently needs to hit up some of Nico's classes when he starts learning the alphabet since he was skipping all over the place...BUT we had a great time! I for one can say it's the most fun I've had on the beach with Peter since we moved here. Nico was playing in the sand right next to us, doing his thing!
After we FINALLY made it to Z, we walked over to where Leilani, Chris, and all their friends were hanging out. Good times...and of course a mini Nico show, followed by more volleyball (for real this time)
From 1105 Back in LA
---good times, funny people, AWESOME AFTERNOON!!!
From 1105 Back in LA
Later that night, I was picked up for a Bar outing. THough I was EXHAUSTED, I said yes...cause when do I get the chance to go out with LEILANI?
From 1105 Back in LA
We went to this bar that had Karaoke. However, it wasn't the regular, BAD DRUNK SINGERS kinda karaoke. It was HOLLYWOOD--wanna-be-found-American-Idol style Karaoke. Everyone, actually, not everyone....
From 1105 Back in LA
ALMOST everyone was REALLY GOOD! Some even gave me goosebumps.

Sunday Morning we Bike to Brunch at Shanghi Reds....EXPENSIVE but AMAZING! Bottomless Mimosas!!! Waffles and Shrimp (lol, Christy{Chris's girlfriend--Leilani's brother's girlfriend} got overwelmed by the BUFFET selection and ended up getting a little confused. Leilani was great at SNEAKING some food out for me =).
From 1105 Back in LA
The chocolate covered strawberries were delectable! The company was awesome and we also got some GREAT FAMILY SHOTS!
From 1105 Back in LA

After a mini nap, we went to Aaron's 1st Birthday Party---SUPER FUN: BALLOONS everywhere, chinese food buffet, applesauce and juice for the kids, fortune cookies, A MAGICIAN, and lots of YO GABA GABA paraphernalia!
From 1105 Back in LA
From 1105 Back in LA
(Birthday boy, Aaron, is on the Bike)
And yesterday (Monday) after sending out thank yous that NICO helped write himself...
From 1104ThankU-Lels's visit-hamock
We put Nico in one of the many gifts that TITO and YESENIA gave him for Easter, a chair hammock from one of the island stops they made on their cruise a couple weeks ago.....
From 1104ThankU-Lels's visit-hamock
and HE LOVED IT! I'm not gonna lie, I was having a bit of a myocardial infarction (heart attack), seeing him up there on his new swing, but his laugh and smile made me set aside(just a little) my fears so that I too could enjoy the moment with him.


SIDE NOTE:
You see, the thing is that as a mommy now, I feel that I have FINAL DESTINATION SYNDROME (FDS). I always vividly foresee these crazy scenarios taking place and as a result, I'm super annoying to be around with all my BECAREFULs and WATCH-OUTs and HOLD-UPs. My parents have a super SEVERE version of the syndrome while I think that I'm still in the early stages of development. I'm working or figuring out a way to mitigate the side effects of FDS--- but so far...only Nico's laugh helps temporarly ease my anxiety and reasurrance from Peter that he is being MINDFUL of the dangers that linger around every corner....lol. Perhaps laying off CSI and Crimial Minds as well will an important factor in my treatment.

ON another SIDE NOTE:
I'd like to announce that NICO is no longer JET-LAGGED from the trip ....How do we know? WELL we know because he (read: WE) didn't sleep well (or almost at all) on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday night. Saturday he slept a little better but got up super early (3 or 4 am). However, finally on Sunday night and last night he slept ALL NIGHT! This morning he even slept-in until 7:30am.We are very proud of him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.