Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring is here. The trees around us were naked a couple weeks ago. One morning we woke up and little cotton ball looking flowers were all over those once bare trees.
Today I was driving around and noticed all the different color greens that were taking over the landscape along the road. The changes in the seasons has been beautiful to see now that i'm living in a place that actually has seasons.

With the warmer sunnier days becoming more of an everyday thing, I feel re-energized and emotionally motivated to get out there and start exercising a little more. I had started running like I shared with you all but I had to stop due to some pains in my lower back. I went to sports doctor yesterday only to find that the pain in my lower back is actually a shifted iliosacral joint....lucky me right. I'm going to go to therapy a couple times and do the strength exercises that they are giving me so that I can strengthen my HIP area and core...and therefore get back to RUNNING and racing!!!

Speaking of racing ..Peter and I are racing this weekend in the
Our teams's name is Nico's a Muel ( Nico s a muel ... get it?) Check out the link above to learn more about the race. Like I wrote in my article, "The Great Urban Race is a mix of "The Amazing Race", Cranium and "Who Wants to Be a Millionare" all in one day. Teams of two get to embark is a crazy adventure all around the city while trying to correctly solve 12 clues, which can be physical, mental brain teasers, public interaction challenges, scavenger hunt style, or puzzles." Don't be surprised if we call you with a random question on Saturday afternoon, we are allowed to phone-a- friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes to Live by:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Be kinder than necessary, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself.